CHAMPS is staffed by a Macaulay Morrison, the CHAMPS staff attorney, who provides the bulk of the legal services for CHAMPS. Macaulay received her BA from Clemson and her JD from the University of South Carolina.
CHAMPS educational programs are overseen at the University of South Carolina School of Law by faculty member Emily Suski. Emily joined the faculty in 2016 and has a BA, JD, and MSW from the University of North Carolina as well as an LL.M. from Georgetown University Law Center.
CHAMPS services are overseen at Prisma Health by Drs. Caughman Taylor and Kathryn Stephenson. Dr. Taylor is a faculty member in the School of Medicine at the University of South Carolina and Chair of its Pediatrics Program. He is also the Senior Medical Director of Prisma Health Children’s Hospital in the Midlands. Dr. Stephenson is also on the faculty at the School of Medicine. She serves as the Director of General and Hospital Pediatrics at Prisma Health Children’s Hospital in the Midlands and the Assistant Director of Prisma Health’s Pediatric Residency Program.
- Associate Professor of Law, – UofSC
- Director of the CHAMPS Clinic
Kathryn A. Stephenson, M.D.
- Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics
- Director of General & Hospital Pediatrics
- Assistant Director of Pediatrics Residency
- Staff Attorney
Caughman Taylor, MD
- Senior Associate Dean, Department Chair, Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine Columbia
Kevin Bennett, PhD
- Director, Research Center for Transforming Health
- Director, Center for Rural & Primary Healthcare